In this exclusive interview with NY Elite Magazine Anila Bashllari discusses successful traits of entrepreneurs, leadership traits, and some of her favorite projects.
NY Elite: Tell us a little bit more about you and your career beginnings.
Anila Bashllari: My name is Anila Kaba – Bashllari. I am Albanian and live in Tirana. I have studied economy but all my life was interested and curious about medicine and psychology. Even though I was graduated as economist for industry, all my life I have read about our body, nutrition, how to cure illness, why behave the way we do, etc.
I hold a MBA and PhD in Entrepreneurship and during 30+ years of experience and continuous education, intensive training, proven results, great opportunities, and invaluable connections, I came to a revelation that what enables a person to succeed is the degree to which the person invests into altering of the consciousness level and developing the right mindset for transformation and success.
My passion to motivate, inspire and encourage others to explore their potential and unleash their inner power towards a better life has positioned me as an experienced coach, mentor and trainer locally and internationally.
I am a certified Coach, Mentor, Trainer and Speaker, member of John Maxwell International Team. My expertise focuses on personal development and growth, leadership and mindset entrepreneurial development. I work with range of individuals: CEOs, business owners, entrepreneurs, managers and inspiring individuals that are looking to move purposefully towards life improvement and growth.
I do integrate NeuroCoaching techniques and brain-based proven strategies together with 30 + years of top level managerial experience by leading teams and individuals towards exploring their potentials and talents for higher performance and harmonious life; educating and influencing thousands of young people find their passion and direction for a purposeful and meaningful life.
I love travelling and through my past jobs I had an opportunity to travel around the world but now I am intentional, mindful and aware to learn and experience more. I have being in several spiritual and self-discovery journeys in China, Thailand, Bali-Indonesia, Singapore etc.
I am married to Arjan Bashllari (businessman) and we are blessed with our son Keltin that is entrepreneur with real estate business. My family is the most important thing to me. It is my love, my power, and my inspiration.
International Who’s Who of Professionals, USA
International Who’s Who of Professionals and Business Women, USA
International Directory of Distinguished Leadership, 10th edition
NY Elite: What are you currently working on?
Anila Bashllari: I am founder of Beyond Limits Company with main focus on personal development through coaching, mentoring and training. I have almost 30+ years of experience with government institutions, international financial & development organization and business community.
I have reached far in my carrier but facing a lot of struggles, high stress and almost burning out. I was not aware of the personal development till year 2011 when for the first time I was asked “Who are you?” Being not aware my immediate answer described my carrier’s accomplishments. And the person that happened to be a coach asked me again: “Who are you?” “What is your purpose in life”; “What life means to you?” “What is your Big Why in life”?
That time I didn’t have a clue how to answer those questions, as I never thought that way…
I became very curious and I started intensively and passionately to study personal development area… It took me several years of study, personal journey and discovery to build a mindset of growth and success while being at peace internally and with the world around me… That time I didn’t have any person to help me to shortcut the path. I have gone by myself with ups and downs; passionate and motivated to find the answers till I realized that there are no answers outside me. That answers lay deep inside me. It was such a freedom…
I started to feel different. I was feeling more energetic and fearless. I was growing into other dimensions. I was having a different perception of life. For the first time I was seeing myself as a whole. And for the first time I felt in love with me …
I love to be highly aware… it brings more meaning and purpose in my life; I feel more in alignment with my values and inner-self; I communicate better and I am more effective; I am focused and set up priorities; I deliver more but at the same time I love what I do and as funny as it might seem – it doesn’t appear anymore as a job to me.
Keeping the long story short initially started as a personal call and need to feel better and healthy; later on I became so passionate on every thing that brought peace of mind and joy; to create that type of mindset that attracts others as a magnet; to reach and maintain that level of energy, commitment and accountability that didn’t feel at the very beginning of my career; the sparking of love for self and others; and the inner drive to be recognized internationally as a Transformation Coach & Mindset expert. Shortly, that passion for personal growth was transformed into a need to serve others to live a life true to their dreams; knowing what matter most to them and be a factor of change knowing that all success in life starts within them and that they are the architects of their own life.
So, in year 2014 I decided to stop working full time in any position offered and I established my own business: Beyond Limits Company.
I work with businessmen and women; top level managers and inspiring individuals by helping them to connect to their deepest inner most values; their potential and inner power resulting in better and higher performance, raised awareness and taking actions fearlessly; effective communication and financial reward; increased self esteem and confidence; getting clarity on where they are and want to be.
NY Elite: What projects have been your favorites that you have been a part of and why?
Anila Bashllari: My passion is to engage people into their life; enhance awareness, transformation and reach their dreams. Bring more clarity and focus; develop their inner personal skills to navigate easy and confident in life.
They’re many projects, which are close to my heart. One of them is “Going the Extra Mile” a curricula that I developed myself on personal development for high performers. I did offer it to one of international banks in Albania respectively for 8 and 12 consecutive weeks, once a week – half/day. It was so amazing to see the change and transformation to participant’s mindset and behavior. Another favorite project is an online product in Albanian language that I am ready to launch that will inspire people to see life on a perspective they never saw before; raise their awareness, clarity and focus to ask for more and achieve more.
NY Elite: What three social issues are most important to you and why?
- People do suffer in life without being able to grasp the idea that life is happening for them not to them. They are not present at all, either living on regrets of the past or fears/worries of the future. This disable them to get into the joy of their achievements (small or big ones) as something else comes into their plate and they have to address it quickly. They are just running without being clear what they want in life; why they want it and what knowledge and skills do they need to go further. It seems that people are living their life as missile: seeking to the target without being aware what is going on in and outer them.
- Mindset issue is one of the biggest social concerns as it engages in all aspects of what we think, feel, behave, choose, act and results. If we become aware of our thinking process and how we perceive and handle things in life we have put our step ahead thousands steps towards a better and enjoyable life. “A thousand miles journey starts with the single step of today”.
- Young generation is becoming very stressed and unhappy. Statistics through different surveys show that more than 50% of young people feel stressed and unhappy. And this is the generation that will be the future parents, spouses, and employees. What can we expect later???
NY Elite: What was the most significant change you brought about in a project / organization?
Anila Bashllari: There are many of them and it is very difficult to separate a significant one. But I will try to funnel them…
One of my clients is living her dream. I helped her (coaching and mentoring) to move from a small family business to a state of art business that put locally the standard for an international well-known cosmetic company present in more than 50 countries.
NY Elite: What is the biggest lesson you have learned in your career?
Anila Bashllari: Everything is possible if it is a worthy idea or goal; if you are passionate about it and the impact is bigger than just improving your life.
NY Elite: What are the most important values and ethics of a leader?
Anila Bashllari: Because I teach leadership I would mention that there are many values and ethics a leader must have. For my opinion the most important are:
- Leadership is not a privilege but a responsibility. It takes time for people to understand that leadership means responsibilities and sacrifice.
- As a leader you must walk your talk – this mean integrity, building trust and being a model to others.
- Authenticity – Being true to yourself so you can be true to people that you lead. This is a new standard of leadership, not by position but who you truly are. People are looking for authentic leaders not perfect ones.
- Being passionate as this drives courage and commitment
- A life learning attitude
- Effective communicator – Bringing the best out of people and empowering them
- A leader is focused on solution rather than problem.
- A leader sees farther than anyone else.
- A leader is a good listener.
NY Elite: How can one improve their leadership skills?
- For my opinion first and foremost it starts with self-evaluation. Where you are at the present moment. Be open and sincere. There are tools to do leadership evaluation.
- After you do self – assessment either you start to improve things by yourself but it takes a lot of willpower, time and energy to do it. And neuroscience shows that willpower cannot stimulate the M-Drive of the brain (Motivation center) but you need to create new habits that serve your leadership. You can grow slower by yourself but the best you can do is to hire a coach/mentor that can help for exponential growth.
- You can read books on leadership; take trainings on that topic.
NY Elite: What is your advice for those who would like to reach higher in their career?
- I would say that first step is to understand their WHY for doing it. Most of people just run and run without being aware of what they are doing and when they reach the destination the question that pops up in their mind is “So what?” I have been there myself when I was running and running with no awareness and never happy with my accomplishments.
- Second is to ask yourself ”What knowledge and skills do I need to have in order to reach higher?”
- Third question you can do to yourself is: “What am I ready to sacrifice in order to reach higher in my carrier?”.
And for sure there are more structured and specific questions that will navigate the person to answers.
NY Elite: What are you an advocate of? What are your life passions?
Anila Bashllari: Transform people’s life by raising their awareness and motivation to do so. Help them to get into contact with their values, their inner power and potential. We are living at a moment in the history of human civilization that options and opportunities are higher and abundant that never before. For millennia… But still there is a lot of turmoil; anger; unhappiness; rage; conflicts… and I am a strong believer that our only job is the make the change in ourselves than we will see a changed world.
NY Elite: What/who inspires you?
Anila Bashllari: People that are passionate and have reached success in different aspects of life; that love self and others; that respect their values and set up healthy boundaries; people that are helping millions of people to live a better life.
NY Elite: What are five characteristics that make successful leaders?
Anila Bashllari: I think I talked a bit about them but I can filter them in five characteristics:
I will refer to general H. Norman Schwarzkopf that mentions the importance of character. He said: “ Leadership is a potent combination of strategy and character. But if you must be without one, be without strategy”.
NY Elite: What are your future plans/goals/projects?
Anila Bashllari: I am a life learning person. This year I plan to complete NeuroCoaching certification that will enrich my expertise focusing on brain-based proven strategies; I plan to launch an online product in Albanian language; write an e-book and recognized internationally as coach/mentor and trainer on personal development. And there are more but love to talk again to you and share more…
NY Elite: What books would you recommend that have made an impact in your life, business, or success.
- Think and Grow Rich
- A monk that sold his Ferrari
- 21 Irrefutable Laws of Leadership
- The Power of Now
- Deep Truth
- 5 Levels of Leadership
- As a Man Thinketh
NY Elite: What is your favorite hobby and why is this hobby important to you.
Anila Bashllari: Reading is one of my hobbies. It connects with my imagination. It is like a friend that shares with you interesting stories and I love reading paper books.