A roundup of the week’s most newsworthy travel industry press releases from PR Newswire, including a new Peppa Pig theme park and the best time to book flights.
NEW YORK, March 10, 2023 /PRNewswire/ — With thousands of press releases published each week, it can be difficult to keep up with everything on PR Newswire. To help journalists covering the travel industry stay on top of the week’s most newsworthy and popular releases, here’s a roundup of stories from the week that shouldn’t be missed.
The list below includes the headline (with a link to the full text) and an excerpt from each story. Click on the press release headlines to access accompanying multimedia assets that are available for download.
- ‘Originals by GetYourGuide’ to Unlock New Doors for Travelers and Push the Boundaries of Memorable Travel Experiences
Kicking off the collection of 2023 experiences is an exclusive tour executed in partnership with one of the world’s most visited museums, the Museum of Modern Art in New York (MoMA), where travelers can enjoy an intimate guided tour of the museum one hour before regular opening hours.
- Holland America Line Introduces New Category of Extended Destination-in-Depth Voyages Legendary Voyages from 25-59 days travel the world with many departures from a U.S. homeport; early booking bonus includes beverage and Wi-Fi upgrades, gratuities.
- New Study Reveals the Best Time to Book International Flights
The study revealed, regardless of destination, booking 10 months in advance will save travelers the most on international flight prices.
- North America’s Second Peppa Pig Theme Park to Open in North Texas in 2024
This all-new standalone theme park located in North Richland Hills will feature multiple rides, interactive attractions, themed playscapes and shows, all based on instantly recognizable locations from the globally popular brand.
- Report: Tripadvisor Releases Seasonal Travel Index Results (March – May 2023), Outlining Traveler Sentiment and Insights in Several Markets including: United States, United Kingdom, Australia, Japan and Singapore
The majority of travelers (66%) plan to travel in the upcoming season (March 1-May 31). Around 9 in 10 of these travelers (86%) plan to travel the same amount or more compared to last year, with this figure highest in the U.S. (94%) and lowest in the U.K. (81%).
- Uber Eats Partners with Tampa International Airport to Bring Mobile Ordering to Consumers
Tampa Airport International Airport is Uber’s first official US airport partner, after successful operations at the Toronto Pearson Airport and pilots at John Glenn International Airport and Charlotte Douglas International Airport. With this expansion, consumers will be able to order ahead and skip the line at more than 20 concession locations.
- TSA PreCheck® sets new active membership record
On March 2, the Transportation Security Administration (TSA) announced its TSA PreCheck® application program had surpassed 15 million active members, setting a new record for the program that began in December 2013.
- Southwest Airlines Offers Rapid Rewards Members Three New Opportunities to Accelerate Their Way to Coveted A-List & A-List Preferred Status
Jonathan Clarkson, Vice President of Marketing, Loyalty & Products at Southwest Airlines, said, “Our Members deserve to be rewarded, which is why with this limited-time offer, we’re giving Customers three new opportunities to reach our coveted A-List and A-List Preferred tier status faster.”
- Royal Caribbean’s Beach Club in The Bahamas Moves Forward for 2025 Opening
The 17-acre destination experience coming to the western end of Paradise Island in Nassau, The Bahamas, will combine the island’s striking beaches with the cruise line’s signature experiences to create the ultimate beach day – The Royal Beach Club at Paradise Island.
- Southern Living Announces Winners of 2023 South’s Best Awards
This year’s South’s Best Awards survey results reveal the Top 50 Southern Small Towns, plus the best Cities, Hotels, State Parks, and BBQ Joints. The special double issue features Southern Living’s first-ever celebrity cover for the South’s Best issue with NBC TODAY co-anchor Hoda Kotb sharing her love for the city of New Orleans.
- Airstream® Debuts Innovative Travel Trailer Concept Developed with Studio F. A. Porsche
Drawing on signature design elements from two iconic brands, the concept incorporates innovative features and amenities in a sleek, lightweight profile aimed at meeting the expectations of a new generation of outdoor enthusiasts.
- Nobu Hotels Announces Sixth Spanish Property: Nobu Hotel and Restaurant Sevilla Nobu Hotel Sevilla features stylish guest rooms and suites, a Nobu restaurant with views of the Roman wall complete with terrace seating, fitness center, and a huge rooftop with swimming pool & dining area which boasts spectacular views of the Cathedral and the Golden Tower.
Read more of the latest travel-related releases from PR Newswire and stay caught up on the top press releases by following @PRNtravel on Twitter.
In addition to these popular releases, several must-read earnings reports crossed the wire this week, including the quarterly results for Wheels Up.
Catch up on all the latest earnings reports here.
Helping Journalists Stay Up to Date on Industry News
These are just a few of the recent press releases that consumers and the media should know about. To be notified of releases relevant to their coverage area, journalists can set up a custom newsfeed with PR Newswire for Journalists.
Once they’re signed up, reporters, bloggers and freelancers have access to the following free features:
- Customization: Create a customized newsfeed that will deliver relevant news right to your inbox. Customize the newsfeed by keywords, industry, subject, geography, and more.
- Photos and Videos: Thousands of multimedia assets are available to download and include with your next story.
- Subject Matter Experts: Access ProfNet, a database of industry experts to connect with as sources or for quotes in your articles.
- Related Resources: Read and subscribe to our journalist- and blogger-focused blog, Beyond Bylines, for media news roundups, writing tips, upcoming events, and more.
About PR Newswire and PR Newswire for Journalists
For more than 65 years, PR Newswire has been the industry leader with the largest, most comprehensive distribution network of print, radio, magazine, television stations, financial portals and trade publications. PR Newswire has an unparalleled global reach of more than 200,000 publications and 10,000 websites and is available in more than 170 countries and 40 languages.
PR Newswire for Journalists (PRNJ) is an exclusive community that includes over 20,000 journalists, bloggers and influencers who are logging into their PRNJ accounts specifically looking for story ideas. PR Newswire thoroughly researches and vets this community to verify their identity as a member of the press, blogger or influencer. PRNJ users cover more than 200 beats and verticals.
For questions, contact the team at [email protected].
SOURCE PR Newswire
Originally published at https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/this-week-in-travel-news-12-stories-you-need-to-see-301768413.html
Images courtesy of https://pixabay.com