A roundup of the week’s most newsworthy environment industry press releases from PR Newswire, including conservation efforts in recognition of World Oceans Day.
NEW YORK, June 9, 2023 /PRNewswire/ — With thousands of press releases published each week, it can be difficult to keep up with everything on PR Newswire. To help journalists covering the environment industry stay on top of the week’s most newsworthy and popular releases, here’s a roundup of stories from the week that shouldn’t be missed.
The list below includes the headline (with a link to the full text) and an excerpt from each story. Click on the press release headlines to access accompanying multimedia assets that are available for download.
- NUVIEW Advances Support Towards Climate and Environmental Mission
NUVIEW, an Earth observation company focused on geospatial technology, announced actor and environmentalist Leonardo DiCaprio joined the consortium of investors to help build the world’s first commercial LiDAR, light detection and ranging, satellite constellation. NUVIEW seeks to map the Earth’s entire land surface in real 3D for the first time and then repeating it annually.
- Mayors Recognized for Leadership on Climate Action
USCM President Miami Mayor Francis Suarez said, “These awards help tell the story of mayoral leadership, one where these local leaders confront the real challenges of the day and do so in ways that make our cities cleaner, smarter and more livable.”
- Relais & Chateaux is Taking Action to Serve Sustainably Caught Fish, Crustaceans, and Mollusks “SEAsonality” for World Oceans Day
Since 2009, in more than 60 countries, the 580 member properties of Relais & Châteaux have been working together to raise awareness among their guests on the importance of sustainable seafood products.
- Chubb Supports World’s Largest Debt Conversion for Marine Conservation Project in the Galapagos Islands, Ecuador
With this loan, Ecuador was able to repurchase and retire a substantial portion of its external commercial debt, create significant annual cash flow for marine conservation, and establish an endowment, the Galapagos Life Fund, to fund marine conservation for future generations.
- Royal Caribbean Group Announces Ground-Breaking Biofuel Testing, Accelerating the Industry’s Energy Transition
Celebrity Cruises’ Celebrity Apex and Royal Caribbean International’s Symphony of the Seas will be at the forefront of alternative fuel use thanks to extended sustainable biofuel tests this summer in Europe.
- Huawei, IUCN and Global Partners Highlight Latest Technology for Nature Protection
Huawei and IUCN outlined a vision for protected and conserved areas, to leverage digital technology to help achieve global biodiversity goals.
- In Celebration of World Ocean Month, Atlantis Paradise Island and Atlantis Blue Project Foundation Announce Plans to Build The Bahamas’ First Coral Gene Bank
Nearly half of The Bahamas and Caribbean’s reef-building coral species are susceptible to Stony Coral Tissue Loss Disease (SCTLD). Under this agreement, Atlantis and ABPF will support the effort to build and equip a biosecure facility to save the most vulnerable coral species from SCTLD until they can be safely returned to the reefs.
- EZVIZ announces its global tree-planting project in partnership with Treedom, greening the planet with the purchase of its eco-friendly products
EZVIZ will plant thousands of trees globally over the next three years. The plan will impact countries including Thailand, Guatemala, Kenya, and Ecuador, empowering farmers and enriching local biodiversity.
- impak is launching the world’s first indices based on the ESG+impact assessment
The indices will enable investors to support positive change in five key areas: Green Energy & Technology, Sustainable Food & Biodiversity, Clean Water & Waste, Social & Economic Empowerment, and Health & Well-being.
- Royal Caribbean Group Extends Collaboration to Capture Critical Ocean Conservation Data Onboard Ships
Strengthening a decades-long commitment to ocean conservation and environmental research efforts, Royal Caribbean Group announced a four-year extension of its investment in OceanScope, an open-source data program that provides scientists with critical information to study climate and ocean conservation.
- Lufthansa Technik Uses Ansys to Develop and Certify AeroSHARK Technology for More Sustainable Aviation
Lufthansa Technik integrates Ansys’ simulation solutions to develop and verify AeroSHARK, an innovative aircraft coating technology that imitates the characteristics of shark skin to reduce aircraft drag and friction.
- A Sea of Possibilities: Sandals Resorts International Celebrates World Oceans Day with Donations and Environmental Initiatives
In honor of World Oceans Day, for every booking made on June 8th, a donation of $100 will be made on guests’ behalf to the Sandals Foundation, the not-for-profit organization established in 2009 to make positive change throughout the Caribbean.
Read more of the latest environment-related releases from PR Newswire and stay caught up on the top press releases by following @PRNenv on Twitter.
Helping Journalists Stay Up to Date on Industry News
These are just a few of the recent press releases that consumers and the media should know about. To be notified of releases relevant to their coverage area, journalists can set up a custom newsfeed with PR Newswire for Journalists.
Once they’re signed up, reporters, bloggers and freelancers have access to the following free features:
- Customization: Create a customized newsfeed that will deliver relevant news right to your inbox. Customize the newsfeed by keywords, industry, subject, geography, and more.
- Photos and Videos: Thousands of multimedia assets are available to download and include with your next story.
- Subject Matter Experts: Access ProfNet, a database of industry experts to connect with as sources or for quotes in your articles.
- Related Resources: Read and subscribe to our journalist- and blogger-focused blog, Beyond Bylines, for media news roundups, writing tips, upcoming events, and more.
About PR Newswire and PR Newswire for Journalists
For more than 65 years, PR Newswire has been the industry leader with the largest, most comprehensive distribution network of print, radio, magazine, television stations, financial portals and trade publications. PR Newswire has an unparalleled global reach of more than 200,000 publications and 10,000 websites and is available in more than 170 countries and 40 languages.
PR Newswire for Journalists (PRNJ) is an exclusive community that includes over 20,000 journalists, bloggers and influencers who are logging into their PRNJ accounts specifically looking for story ideas. PR Newswire thoroughly researches and vets this community to verify their identity as a member of the press, blogger or influencer. PRNJ users cover more than 200 beats and verticals.
For questions, contact the team at [email protected].
SOURCE PR Newswire
Originally published at https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/this-week-in-environment-news-12-stories-you-need-to-see-301846658.html
Images courtesy of https://pixabay.com